Once Were Easters
We welcome your membership of Once Were Easters. Any former Wellington East pupil can join.Membership is only $20 a year (January to December).
Become a member by emailing us now
Send us your contact details by email or post, including your:
- maiden name, if applicable
- years attended Wellington East
- mobile or other phone numbers
Email to: email@example.com
Post to: Once Were Easters, PO Box 3508 Wellington 6040
Paying your annual donation
You can pay your annual membership donation by:
- Internet banking:
- automatic payment $20 annually, due 31 January each year, put membership in the reference filed
- one-off payment each year ($20 due 31 January); or
- $20 due by 31 January each year
- post with your name and contact details to: Once Were Easters, PO Box 3508 Wellington 6040.
If you have paid a membership donation in one year, we will send you an email reminder for the next year’s donation early the following year.
Bank account details: 02-0576-0044321-00.
Your membership donation contributes to:
- Honouring all Wellington East girls graduating from the college each year with a beautiful silver charm, awarded by a member of Once Were Easters at the school prize giving ceremonies - see photos below. These charms are also available to Old Girls for a small cost
- An annual donation contributed to cover the cost of prizes at the annual prizegiving ceremonies.
As a member you receive:
- Advance notice of upcoming reunions
- Open invitaitons to attend Once Were Easters/Old Girls’ monthly lunches:
- Wellington: 12-2pm on the fourth Wednesday of the month at Clark’s Café. Level 2 of the Central Library. Convenor: Carol Wideberg.
- Kapiti: on the third Monday of the month at the Kapiti airport café, Paraparaumu Convenor: Beth Hall
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your name on the list to receive a monthly email reminder and invitation from your local luncheon convenor.
Honouring East school leavers with a charm
Designed by students on the Wellington East Arts Committee in 2012 these charms, in the shape of a compass highlighting the “E” for East, were inspired by the words of the school haka (see the excerpt below).
They are awarded to girls graduating at the school prizegiving ceremonies each year.
Charms can also be purchased by any old girl for a nominal price - just email us at email@example.com if you want one.
Words from the school haka:
Some of us hail from the northern parts;
Some come from the west; some come from the south;
But all of us are from Wellington East Girls’ College…
From Mount Victoria.
We’re from the East! We’re from the East.
We’re the East girls!
Your Once Were Easterscommittee:
- President: Sandra Aubrey
- Patron: Sally Haughton (WEGC Principal)
- Vice President/Treasurer: Shona Cvetkovic
- Board of Trustees Representative: Margie Wheeler
- Members: Karen Vile, Carol Wideberg
If you are interested in helping us organise one of the upcoming Wellington East reunions please email us with your contact details. We would really appreciate your support.
Reunions will only take place if there are enough organisers.
Organisation will begin in February of the year preceding each reunion year:
95 years of East reunion: 2020
- If there is enough interest in holding a 95th reunion, organisation will begin in early 2019.
100 years of East centenary reunion: 2025
- Organisation will begin in early 2024