Key Dates for 2018
29 January - Course Confirmation / Teacher Only Day
30 January - Prefect & Tuakana Training / Teacher Only Day
31 January - Year 9 Orientation, Powhiri Year 9 and new staff, Prefect Training
1 February - Orientation Day (Year 9 – 13)
2 February - Timetable begins
28 March - Classes finish at 12.15pm for Day 1 - Learning Conferences (1pm - 7pm)
29 March - Day 2 - Learning Conferences (8.30am - 4.30pm)
30 March – Good Friday
2 April - Easter Monday
3 April - Easter Tuesday
13 April - Last day of Term 1
Term 2: 30 April – 6 July
Term 3: 23 July – 28 September
Term 4: 15 Oct – 14 December
- Tuesday 6 February - Waitangi Day
- Friday 30 March– Good Friday
- Monday 2 April – Easter Monday
- Tuesday 3 April – Easter Tuesday
- Friday 1 June - Teacher Only Day
- Monday 4 June – Queens’ Birthday
- Term 3 – Teacher Only Day (Date TBC)
- Monday 22 October – Labour Day
- Term 4 – Teacher Only Day (Date TBC)
NEW TIMETABLE STRUCTURE 2017
During 2015 and 2016 we have gathered feedback on the longer learning times from students, staff and parents and based on this review we will continue with having the longer sessions. In the feedback there were a number of recommendations for changes that we have accepted for the timetable structure for 2017 and onwards. These changes are in the main are minor adjustments which we believe will improve the smooth operation of the school.
The main changes are:
Wednesday is still an early finish, but has just 3 longer sessions with two equal breaks of 30 minutes and finishes at 2.15pm. (We will review the break length at the end of term 1 to see if it is better to have two equal length breaks or 20/40 minute breaks)
- Changing to 90 minute sessions for the longer sessions. (previously these were a mix of 95 and 100 minutes – we feel will be more effective to have a consistent length of 90 minutes)
- Ako occurs after the interval break, with a 5 minutes movement time between ako and session 3.
- Friday is made up of six 50 minute sessions and becomes the preferred “day trips” day. Five minutes movement time between sessions is built into the times on Friday.
- Each day starts at 8.45am and all days, except for Wednesday, finishes at 3.20 pm.
Longer Learning Times
We have shifted to 90 minute lessons and see huge advantages in these.
Times of the day 2017
Download a copy of the timetable